Friday, February 17, 2006

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone, I'm alive. We're in Niamey for the day and I managed to sneak onto a computer. Just want to tell everyone that I'm doing well and that I really am loving it here...except the heat which is getting worse and worse as we approace hot season.I found out that I am going to be posted in the Say region just 32k from Niamey, so I will probably be able to post and check email fairly frequently, atleast every two weeks I'm guessing. Anyway, just thought I'd toss up a quick post. Oh and Thanks to Sam for all the awsome pics. I didn't realize how much I missed the UVM/Burlington crew until I got the pics of everyone. Anyway, don't want to tie up the computers for other volunteers who are waiting, so I'll sign off. Once I get posted, in about 3 weeks I think (I loose track of time like crazy here) then I'll probably be on here more regularly. That's all for now, Peace!

Seabass

4 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Seabass said...

Oh and FYI, we have lost 4 people now. We are sad and hope no more of us ET before the end of Stage.

 
At 10:08 AM, February 17, 2006, Blogger Kat said...

Yay you're alive!!

I keep meaning to write... but you know how that goes. I set it up so that this blog feeds to livejournal so alll your friends can stalk. I also make all the WoW people check here when you post :-)

Did you know that Nigeria and Chad have avian influenza? We like to call that NOT GOOD! Remember - cook your chicken very very well, always wear your face mask when you're slaughtering it, and never ever drink raw bird blood. My friend Mindy says hi. She's going to Kenya this summer. She said something about Africa being big and not being able to visit you (but you're only a country or two apart!).

Everyone misses you lots and lots, and we wait with baited breath for you to surface... I'm really glad that you're gonna have so much internet access! I wasn't expecting to hear from you nearly that much. Miss you. Boy says hi. Will says hi (we were talking about you last night). Auk is only 42 (as of last night), so you haven't missed much yet.

Stay safe and healthy!

 
At 2:58 PM, February 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sebastian!
My daughter Brooke is in your group and she has called you "her buddy". Thanks for giving her tech support with her ipod. Tech anything is not her strength. Glad there are such neat people in the PCorps together!
jezaczek@aol.com

 
At 9:40 AM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello-
I am an american student who found your blog while studying Niger for a Masters in Public Health. I hope not to bother you but am having a hard time locating statistics. If we might be able to communiate I was hoping you would be willing to share your stories and answer some questions.

Right now the most important fact I need is "how many sq. km or sq. mi. does Niamey cover?"

Please let me knwo if we could communicate by e-mail.

Much thanks.
Peace and be well.
Denise Ryan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home